Sunshine Acres Warranty and Conditions
1. Three years – This puppy is warranted up to the purchase price against any debilitating congenital defects as determined by arbitration of a neutral third- party, if necessary, extending to three years from its birth date. This 3-Year warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, hernias, hypoglycemia, giardia, or coccidiosis. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals, or physical injury.
2. One week – The puppy is guaranteed for one week from the delivery date against any viral illness. The delivery date as defined in this document is the date in which the purchaser (or representative of the purchaser) takes physical possession of the puppy.
3. Go to the vet – The purchaser is required to take their puppy to a licensed veterinarian for a checkup within three (3) business days of the delivery date. If the veterinarian should find a debilitating congenital defect the puppy may be exchanged with a healthy puppy of the same quality and breed providing the dog is returned within three (3) business days. All shipping is at the expense of the purchaser.
4. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within three business days, then the health warranty on the puppy is void.
5. If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within 36 months of its birth date, an autopsy must be performed at the purchaser’s expense by a veterinary teaching hospital or state licensed DVM acceptable to the seller’s own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason for death, the seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the purchaser. A written statement from the licensed veterinarian must be provided. The warranty is void in the event of an indeterminable or inconclusive diagnosis.
6. The seller is not responsible for any veterinarian bills incurred. The seller assumes no responsibility for this animal after the delivery date for any medical expense, human allergies, training difficulties or behavior problems. Once the puppy is delivered, the buyer assumes all responsibility for the puppy.
7. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.
8. Should any litigation arise regarding the puppy for any reason the purchaser agrees to let seller determine venue.
9. The purchaser agrees to have annual veterinary checkups, keep all immunizations current according to AVMA guidelines, properly administer heartworm preventative, and provide adequate housing according to federal, state, or local laws.
10. The dog must be kept in an ideal weight range. Not obese or underweight as determined by the weight where the last 3 to 5 ribs are just barely visible or can be felt with a very light touch.