What is the process for purchasing a Sunshine Acres Puppy?
Steps to Purchase a Goldendoodle Puppy from Sunshine Acres-
If you are looking to get a puppy now (i.e. the puppy is shown on the puppies for sale page) this is the procedure for getting a puppy:
- Select the puppy you are interested in from the “Puppies for Sale” page.
- You can then call us or email. We will confirm availability and answer any questions you have about the puppy.
- If you decide you have found the right puppy, please fill out the online application and pay $75 through PayPal. This application is a short questionnaire asking about when you would like your puppy to come home to you, your current pets, past puppy experience and your basic contact information. This application fee will be applied toward your puppy’s deposit fee. We will then reply to your application and give you an invoice for the nonrefundable deposit to hold your puppy in the amount of $425. Your payment options are cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- You must then decide whether you will come here to get your puppy, or have it shipped to a major airport near you. We can make all flight arrangements for your puppy’s arrival. We will need to know what dates and times work for you to receive your puppy.
- We will send you the puppy’s care information, shot/health record and payment information for the puppy’s final balance and shipping cost a few days before the puppy flies home. Set aside some time to visit on the phone to go over any questions you have about the puppy’s arrival, and feeding/general care instructions.
- If you will be picking up your puppy here, you will receive all the above at that time. We love to meet our puppies’ new families.
If you are looking to get a puppy at a future date (i.e. the puppy is not shown on the puppies for sale page at this time), this is the procedure for getting a puppy:
- Deposit to be placed on the waiting list for a litter is $75. Fill out the online application/waiting list and pay there through PayPal. This application is a short questionnaire asking about what characteristics you are wanting in your puppy, when you would like your puppy to come home to you, your current pets, past puppy experience and your basic contact information. This application fee/waiting list fee will be applied toward your puppy’s deposit fee.
- Once the litter has been born that matches the criteria/timing you indicated on your application and is about two weeks old, all applicants for that litter will be notified. If you decide you do not wish to get a puppy from that litter, you are welcome to forward your deposit on to a future litter indefinitely. However, if you chose to pass on the litter that matched your criteria, you would be placed on the next litter’s list after any other family who had already committed to that litter.
- At the time we notify you of the litter’s arrival, you will be given the option to go ahead and make a Deposit to Reserve an Individual Puppy which is $425 ($500 minus the $75 application fee). Once the puppies reach 7 to 8 weeks of age, you will then be asked to choose which puppy from the litter you want. You can come here to choose your puppy in person if logistics permit, or via photos and a video clip if you are from a distance. Puppies will be chosen in the order their families were placed on that litter’s waiting list. Puppies can go home beginning at 10 weeks of age.
Puppy Choosing: How does it work when I place a deposit on a litter that has already been born but the puppies are less than 7 weeks of age (individual photos of the litter are not yet shown)?
Before the puppies reach 7 weeks, deposits are just made on the litter for either a male or female. At 7 weeks of age we have “puppy choosing time” for the litter, when the families come visit (in the order the deposits have been placed) to choose which puppy they would like. If you live a distance from us, or if you are unable to come visit in person to choose your puppy I will post individual photos of each puppy on the website so you can see what each one looks like. I will also take a video clip of the litter and email you a “puppy bio” for each puppy including their temperament testing results and the little similarities and differences we have observed in the puppies as they were growing up. I usually make a few recommendations as to which puppy would be a nice match for your family (based on your application/phone visits) but the final decision as to which puppy you would get would be yours. When puppy choosing time arrives, if you feel like none of the puppies are exactly what you wanted you can forward your deposit on to a future litter. You would be placed on that list after any other family who had already committed to that litter. I will notify you a couple of weeks before puppy choosing time to make an appointment for you to come and visit, or to schedule a time/times that you will be available to make a decision on which puppy will be yours.